LOFT STORY in the country of the Loire Castles.
Charming gite (4 stars) near the castles of the Loire Valley (Chenonceau, Amboise, Chaumont sur loire, Cheverny, Blois, Chambord...).
House in the country for 8 people (4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms), garden and a superb view on park, not far from the village (grocery store, restaurant and wine growers, accessible on foot).
Take advantage of Le Gué au Loup to visit the region and its castles, by bike, on foot, to do sports, to ride a horse, to discover the local gastronomic heritage (AOC, goat cheese and Touraine wines)...
Welcome to Gué au Loup !
DESCRIPTION : The new life of a wine storehouse in the heart of the Touraine vineyard !
This old wine storehouse partly abandoned, was renovated in 2015. In the heart of this cathedral volume, the architect has imagined a comfortable and bright house in a reinvented country spirit. A large bay window, a monumental staircase, a vertiginous ceiling, glass windows bathed in light, a footbridge, rub shoulders with the century-old stone.
Le Gué au Loup is a house full of surprises, much appreciated by children and adults alike.
In terms of decoration, sobriety is the order of the day : the color of the walls is neutral or powdered, warmed up by touches of wood, where rustic and contemporary styles are happily mixed.
The house, very bright, with very large volumes is composed of :
On the ground floor: 1 large open space forming a living room / dining room, kitchen (about 45 m2), 1 bedroom (bed 160 X 200), 1 shower room, 1 guest toilet, 1 laundry room.
- In the living room, enhanced by a large open fireplace, there is a mix of styles and periods with an old family farm table associated with mismatched contemporary wooden or metal chairs, soft armchairs and sofas, a huge bay window and a roof window.
- The kitchen, open to the dining room, is designed to make this space a convivial and fully equipped place. In addition to a large choice of dishes, utensils and small appliances (toaster, traditional and Nespresso coffee machines, kettle, multi-function food processor, ...) it also offers a 5-burner chef's piano / XXL oven, with hood, 1 microwave, 1 dishwasher, 1 refrigerator / freezer;
- One bedroom is located on the same level (access by a step - bed 160×200) near a bathroom with Italian shower, a separate toilet and a laundry room;
A monumental metal staircase leads to a half level with a first bathroom. Taking advantage of the high ceilings, a footbridge was built to circulate between the rooms, it distributes the master suite and two other rooms as well as an independent toilet.
- The master suite occupies the entire width of the building, under the oak frame, witness of the past. The suite has a magnificent canopy bed 160×200, a bathroom corner and a small office for telecommuting if needed;
- Two bedrooms with twin beds 90 x 200 (one of which is convertible into a double bed XL 180 x 200);
- The bathrooms are equipped with either a bathtub/shower or a shower in order to best meet the needs and tastes of young and old;
- All the rooms of the house are equipped with wifi;
Particular care is given to the high quality bedding (sheets washed in a laundry).
Baby cots and high chairs can be provided on request.
Note: Second gîte nearby, each house is totally independent and has its own private access and outdoor space.
A GOOD DOSE OF FRESH AIR
A natural environment with a flowered garden, closed with green spaces and a shaded terrace with barbecue, deckchairs and garden furniture completes the offer.
Guests benefit from smart television (37' flat screen), home cinema, blu ray player, Bluetooth speaker, free wifi via ADSL, tennis and ping pong rackets, petanque balls, library with children's albums, household and bathroom linen, kitchen kit (salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, washing-up liquid, etc.).
COUP DE POUCE
To take advantage of the bicycle route, located along the Cher Valley, from Monthou to Chenonceau, we offer bicycles for rent (week end : €20 € per bicycle, week : €25 per bicycle);
Possibility of cleaning during the stay and catering service on request.
Rental to responsible families and guests, please use the premises with respect and care : No parties.
Treat this house as if it were your own ... with the respect due to its age.